Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is an excellent acoustic performance, all-around stethoscope, it features with two patented tunable diaphragms one larger size for the adult, and the other smaller size is for pediatric and small site auscultation. Featured with ‘tunable technology’ which allows you to hear low and high-frequency sounds by simply applying light or firm pressure to the chestpiece.
The Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope diaphragm is removable and can be used as an open bell, by just replacing the diaphragm with the non-chill bell sleeve included with each stethoscope.
Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is designed for acoustical excellence, the “two-tubes-in-one design” eliminates noise artifact that can be created by the tubes rubbing together. Features a solid stainless steel chest piece, nonchill rims, adjustable double-leaf binaural spring and patented Littmann soft-sealing ear tips.
Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope Features and Specifications
- Versatile Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope has two sides in varying sizes – one size larger for adults and the other sizes smaller for pediatrics.
- Tunable technology allows you to hear low and high-frequency sounds by simply applying light or firm pressure to the chestpiece
- Convertible diaphragm from a closed-bell to a traditional open bell.
- Special dual-lumen tubing design for lesser unwanted rubbing noises.
- 3M™ Littmann® Snap-Tight Soft Seal Eartips gives excellent acoustic seal and comfortable fit.
- Expect strong performance with a nine rating on a 1-10 scale
- Five-year warranty on this product includes free repair, during this period, on any manufacturing or material defect(s) except in the cases of obvious abuse or accidental damage
- A large variety is offered by Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope. Suit your style by selecting a tube color and chestpiece finish that fits you.
- Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is latex free
Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is a versatile stethoscope, can be switched from adult to pediatric just by rotating the stem of the chest piece. The quality of auscultation is good. This stethoscope is well worth the money for anyone who really needs to get a good listen to heart and lung sounds. It is also good for auscultating arteries for bruit as well as bowel sounds. The price is a little high, but the quality you get is worth it. Even with the minor hearing damage, you can hear even the minor sounds. Highly recommend this Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope, well worth the money.
The downside of this Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope is an incredibly heavy stethoscope. If you wear it around your neck, you will start to ache in a short time. Alternatively, you can keep it in your pocket. Also, there was also a complaint from one of the users about the tubing become stiffer after a couple of years and cracked after 7 years, but it only happened after a long time of using it, apparently a vinyl protector is a must with these stethoscopes.
Another complaint about Littmann Cardiology III stethoscope is about the stickiness of the tubing, it is so tacky that it actually picks up lint and stray hair. I contacted Littmann about this and they stated that the material that the stethoscope is somewhat tacky due to the nature of the material.
Here’s what one of the owners had to say about 3M Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope :
I bought this Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope (Mfcc4health.com) to replace the cardiology II that lost from residency. When I lost my cardiology II, I definitely noticed a difference when using my wife’s stethoscope or the other stethoscopes I borrowed from other people. I knew I had to purchase another high-quality stethoscope considering this was my #1 tool in the clinic and in the hospital.
I was a little concerned about this new Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope membrane technology, but really it made no difference for me whatsoever. I just place the stethoscope on the person’s chest, back, abdomen, neck, arm (for BP checks) and I could hear clearly anything that was going on. No real thought is involved in having to put pressure or not.
I really can’t tell if there is a difference between the Littmann Cardiology II Stethoscope or the Littmann Cardiology III Stethoscope, however. The improvement in quality is way too subtle, but of course, I don’t have the two stethoscopes side by side to compare.
Regardless of the lack of difference between the II and the III, I was greatly relieved to have my “old ears” back. That’s why these stethoscopes will always get 5 stars for me.